Correlation of rapid innovation & scientific development with entrepreneurship effecting lives for good




Here I would like to compile my views on why I belief life is largely material based incentive driven and how does this belief of mine & many others establishes a fine relation with start-ups and companies having a great influence on technological advancements which in turn directly play a major role in changing lives and experiences with a rate against the variable of time. I would try to be as less technical as possible as I understand we have people from non-tech backgrounds going through this. I would be using a point wise format over here. So here it goes,

1.     Let’s take the basis of every technology we use in modern era. There are two very fundamental core of any device we use in different domains and they are “Programming & Scripting languages” and “silicon based semiconductor hardware”. Now if we take a look at development of languages, a majority of them like JAVA (Sun Microsystems, Vinod Khosla), C++ (Nokia Bell Labs, Bjarne Stroustrup) and so on have been wriiten in major corporate houses. Then if we take a look in coding libraries(a set of progams containing tools & functions for a particular area, simplifying product dev), especially computer vision (cause that’s my area of research) Pytorch(Facebook, Soumit Chintala), TensorFlow(Google) are also byproducts of vigorous corporate needs. Similarly INTEL, ARM & NVIDIA leading the hardware revolution, now also provide cloud GPUs and high computing specs.
                         Now the fun fact is that these are purely open source for the tech community and hence don’t even generate single penny of revenue. But then research done with help of these marvelous tools(like I am work on Deep Learning for Breast & Brain Cancer) and product development has led to both revenue generation and has changed life for many making it better for them.

2.     Technical education and scientific research really needs an industry motivation. This is because purposeful education like engineering, medicine, finance etc. require to see a certain application of work they are doing effecting people on large scale. Because these are highly mathematical domains and a real impact analysis of the work done/published helps improve standards. This is not possible if companies don’t do commercial product development on the academic works of universities.
                     Now I know that this might seem offensive to some people but this does not change the reality. I don’t ignore the work “arts & humanities” (economics is not humanities), but it has a passive effect and takes a long time to show good/bad influence on the user base. If a book/song/poem/movie/drama doesn’t sell or people dislike its fine anyways. But if a drug messes up or a web device has a cyber security lack it can cause a real disaster.

3.     Last point and hence here I would like draw a direct conclusion from my side. Startups are a place where a team of really smart people get toghether to optimize technologies and build a robust product to solve a real time problem statement. Now, not all of them are the same but the genuine ones which go out there and make a difference, the impact is marvelous. There is nothing cosmetic about it like a movie or poem but solving problems on a basis alongside giving long term employment.

With these points, I would like to call it off over here and I hope these were not too off the book or unpleasant to anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How are you, Confidant?

Police Brutality Amidst Corona Crisis

Sundar Gori Twacha - India and its unhealthy obsession with the fair skin